FAMILY ATTORNEY LAW
Family Law issues arise during emotional times and are often complicated. At the Ocean Springs, Mississippi, Law Firm of Murphy Law, P.A., our experienced view forms a balanced legal approach. We provide representation for clients with a variety of family law issues on the Gulf Coast.
Experienced Representation for Family Law Issues
From our extensive experience, we understand the difficult circumstances our clients endure. Often, clients are concerned about the financial implications involved with their issues. We address every concern and guide clients through the legal process for family law issues, including:
- Divorce: We carefully explain the legal requirements for the division of marital assets, which under Mississippi law require equitable distribution. We can help you determine your non-marital assets and deal with co-mingled assets or hidden assets
- Alimony and spousal support: The length of the marriage, earning capacity, expenses, misconduct and other factors combine to determine the need for spousal support. From these and other variables, the amount is customized to reflect the unique circumstances involved
- Child custody: A visitation agreement establishes a schedule for both parents to follow in order to have access to a child. This includes a plan for evenings, weekends, vacations and holidays
- Child support: The obligation for child support is determined by a statute formula that considers the adjusted gross income of the non-custodial parent and other factors
- Modifications: In today’s fast-paced world, situations change for every family. A relocation, job layoff, investment loss, medical expense or disability can dramatically alter finances. Child custody and support arrangements may need to change to reflect this
- Paternity: In cases when parents are unmarried, paternity must be legally established to ensure both parents share in the responsibilities and rights of parenthood
For each case, we take the time needed to explain options. During every step, we are committed to protecting a client’s rights to resolve any family law issue. We strive to attain justice and make the legal process an agreeable one for each client.