A Lawyer and Legal Staff Devoted to Your Rights
Attorney George Watkins Murphy founded Murphy Law, P.A. in 2003. Over 40 years, he has established a well-earned reputation for effective case resolution. His capable staff members, Rachael E Reeves, Kristy M Todd, and Sara K Lemon also have extensive legal experience and together, they are committed to providing quality representation and strong service to every client who walks through the firm’s doors.
George Watkins Murphy (Sole Practitioner)
George Watkins Murphy is a native and life-long resident of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and has strong ties to the community. He was born and raised in Vancleave and moved to Ocean Springs in 1979. He is a graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, and received his law degree at the University of Mississippi School of Law. He began practicing law in 1977 and has practiced on the Gulf Coast since 1979.
He has served as a City Prosecutor and Municipal Judge, pro-tem for several years. He and his wife of 40 years, Mary K. Murphy, have triplet daughters, Fran, Kate, and Beth – all of whom are practicing attorneys. He is an active member of St. Paul United Methodist Church.
Areas of Practice
- Personal injury (auto accident, premises liability, intentional torts, and worker’s compensation)
- Disability (social security)
- Family law (divorce, child custody, child support, alimony)
- Real estate (residential and commercial closings)
- Business (corporate and limited liability company formation)
- Estate planning (powers of attorney, wills, deeds, trusts)